Wednesday, July 15, 2015

You've learned a new rule and it's simple: Don't put yourself in situations you'd like to run away from

I got sick when I was still in Berlin and I've been sick since. I didn't leave the house for about a week but I'm getting better now. So that's the reason why I didn't post anything, I tried to do some book reviews and such but my brain wasn't working at all.


I'm not usually into anything super 80's and 90's, so I'm not sure what happened to me when I bought these dresses. I wore floral kimono and polka dot dress today and I felt really colourful and everything today, I even caught myself looking at everything really bright and crazy coloured at the stores. These were 8€ each and they are really comfy on.


I bought bunch of cheap books, because why not.


I bought Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl while I was in Berlin, cause I wanted to have a book that reminded me of where I've been.
I've read and heard a lot of controversy about this book and especially some parts of it, but I'm not going to get into that.

''If I can take what I've learned and make one menial job easier for you, or prevent you from having the kind of sex where you feel you must keep your sneakers on in case you want to run away during the act, then every misstep of mine will have been worthwhile''

The books contains little pieces of Lena's mind, her childhood, finding true love. The book gave me a lot of comfort, since I felt that I've been dealing with a lot of these same feelings and things as she has. That I'm not that alone dealing with compulsive thinking, and how it's okay to eat that fucking cake if you feel like it. You're worth just as much as everyone else is.

It's pretty hard to review someone's memoir, cause you just can't say how the plot and surroundings were boring or something like that. This book is as it is, cause it's part of her life.
I enjoyed the book, but I wished that it would've been about her current life more, and not so much about the past. But you know, memoirs are usually like that. Maybe I'm just curious.

10 comments:

  1. Ihana rosa-fiona <3 sun bloggailua jo useita vuosii seuranneena tuli nyt sellanen fiilis, et haluun vaa muistuttaa sua kuinka ainutlaatune, huippu ja söpöläinen oot. U go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ihana kommentti, tuun lukemaan tän aina ku mulla on huono mieli :D Kiitos ihana <3

      Delete
  2. A batersea book :) I volunteered there ...
    Im waiting for my Lena Dunham book...cant wait!!!!!
    Have you read Amanda Palmer 's the art of asking?? I enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that one, definitely gonna check it out now :)

      Delete
  3. heeii mistä ostit siis noita kirjoja, sieltä berliinistä? tarviin paikkoja mistä sais halvalla kivoja mut suomessa ei tunnu olevan sellasii:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saksassa kirjat oli aika samaa hintaluokkaa, ehkä euron tai pari halvempia ku Suomessa, joten ostin vaan ton yhden kirjan sieltä :) Yleensä ostan mun kirjat alennuksista, esim. nyt Akateemisessa oli hyvät 60% alet. Ja löydän myös kirppiksiltä aina satunnaisesti kirjoja

      Delete
  4. Hei miten sä meikkaat kulmasi nykyään? Näyttää kivoilta! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos :) En oikeesti käytä mitään muuta ku jotain perus kulmakyniä, nyt käytössä on Essencen halvin mahdollinen kynä vaaleimmassa sävyssä. Oon yrittänyt käyttää kaikkia erilaisia tuotteita, mutta kulmakynät toimii parhaiten mulla, tulee tarpeeks tummaa jälkeä, mun omat kulmat on tosi harvat ja vaaleat :D

      Delete
  5. Oot uskomattoman inspiroiva ihminen<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make me wanna read this book. Interesting blog as usual=)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - but please be nice

Disqus Shortname

Comments system